- Light in the bottom of the light strip (a main unit has two diodes lit) - standby
- White, constant light - car connected
- White, pulsating light - charging in progress
- White, flashing light - waiting for authentication
- White, fast flashing light - RFID- tag received (Awaiting key verification from backend system)
- Blue, constant light - smart charging enabled (Car connected)
- Blue, pulsating light - smart charging in progress
- The entire light strip flashes white - the Charging Robot awaits authentication by an RFID-tag. Hold your RFID tag at the wireless symbol at the “nose” of the Charging Robot in order to authenticate and initiate the charging.
- The light strip lights constantly red - there are three main causes for the charger to give a red constant light:
1. Ground fault in the cable or car
2. The car has reacted negatively to something in the power grid (eg. in the house or neighbourhood).
3. The charger has detected other abnormalities.
To reset the robot, the charging cable must be disconnected from the robot. If the red light is consistent, please contact Easee support via Easee support
- The light strip is constantly red, and you hear a warning sound from the charger - this indicates that the installer has connected the wires incorrectly. Contact your installer to get it installed in accordance with the installation guide provided and try again
- The light strip flashes white at the bottom - the Charging Robot has lost connection with its Master. Usually due to distance or obstacles limiting the signal strength.
- The light strip flashes yellow at the bottom - the Charging Robot is waiting to be configured.
If you have tried to configure the Chargeberry many times using the instructions provided by Easee, but the light stripe continues to flash yellow there might be an issue with the RFID chip on the backplate. Please contact Easee support: Easee support
For further information access:
Easee - What do the different colours on the light strip mean?