Setting up a delay timer in your Tesla is beneficial for two reasons when used in conjunction with smart charging.
- It will prevent your Tesla from charging immediately when plugged in, there's more on that in our FAQ here.
- If under any circumstance we lose connection with your Tesla, your car will still be charged and ready when required.
How do I set up the delay timer?
- Head to the charging screen in the Tesla app or on your car's interface
- Turn scheduled charging 'ON'
- Pick a time at which you would like charging to commence
We recommend setting a delay timer in your Tesla at some point during your off-peak period (e.g. 00:30, on Octopus Go, Octopus Agile or Economy 7 tariffs or whichever time your night rate starts on your tariff).