To connect your waEV-charge EV1 charger to the network, please follow below steps. Please note that you will need a Windows laptop for this configuration.
- Turn the Windows Defender Firewall off for both public and private networks settings.
- Go to "Network and Internet Settings" by clicking on the bottom left on the Wifi and select “Ethernet” and then “Change adapter options” to configure the IP address.
- Right click on “Ethernet”, select “Properties”, and double click the “Internet Protocol Version 4”.
- Manually input the IP address - 192.168.100.100 and the Default gateway – 192.168.100.1.
- Click OK and OK again.
- Connect the waEV-charge EV1 charger to the PC using the Ethernet cable.
- Right click on the waEV-charge EV1 Config Tool 2.4.4 and click “Run as administrator”.
- Select “Yes” on the warning.
- Once launched, click “Connect”.
- Once successfully connected to the charger, you will see the serial number and firmware version.
- To connect to WiFi, within the config tool, click the WiFi tab at the bottom and enter both the name and password for the WiFi
- Click on “Submit” and you will see 2 success messages.
- Click “Disconnect” and then reboot the charger by powering down and powering up after 10 seconds. When rebooted, the charger will automatically connect to WiFi and you can proceed to commission to the ev.energy app.
Installing the waEV-charge config tool and connecting to the EV1 charger