On your SMART tab, you'll find a number of advanced charging options.
1. Precondition battery - when enabled, this feature will ensure that smart charging will run in the hour before the required time.
Please note that this feature is located in the 'smart schedule' and is only available for integrated cars. Find out what cars we support here.
2. Only charge off-peak - ensures that we only smart charge your car during your selected energy supplier's off-peak period.
Please note that this feature is only available if you are on a variable tariff.
3. Price limit - add more control to your off-peak charging by limiting the times you charge. We'll only smart charge when your energy price drops below the price you set.
Please check your tariff before selecting this option. The off-peak rate must be less than the amount you set or your car will not charge. This option will ONLY be available if you have an off-peak tariff set under "Energy > Your tariff".
4. Maximum charge limit - set a target charge level to avoid charging your battery to 100%. This is better for your battery's health and it's also more energy-efficient as it leaves room in your battery for regenerative braking to kick in. Only available for Tesla.
5. Ready by time - allows you to set a personalised schedule so that your car will be charged by the time you choose on the days you select.